A new version of a nifty tool to dig into internals of logical IO by Alexander Anokhin and Andrey Nikolaev
1. The list of supported functions performing logical I/O is extended:
Note: some function names below are my suggestions.
- kcbgtcr – Kernel Cache Buffer Get Consistent Read. This is general entry point for consistent read.
- kcbldrget – Kernel Cache Buffer Load Direct-Read Get. The function performing direct-path read. Interesting detail: 10.2 the function kcbldrget is called just after kcbgtcr, in 11.2 by (from) kcbgtcr.
Current gets (db block gets):
- kcbgcur – Kernel Cache Buffer Get Current Read
- kcbget – Kernel Cache Buffer Get Buffer. This is analogue of kcbgcur function, as I observed this function is called for index branch and leaf blocks
- kcbnew – Kernel Cache Buffer New Buffer
- kcblnb (kcblnb_dscn in 11.2) – Kernel Cache Buffer Load New Buffer. The function performing direct-path load. Decoding of block coordinates is not supported…
View original post 480 more words